Friday, April 27, 2012

Flavia, Princess of Light talks about her story Unparallel Worlds by Alisa Jeruconka


Please welcome character 
Flavia, Princess of Light
to our blog today!
She is the star of the book Unparallel Worlds
Created by Alisa Jeruconoka


From what I have heard about Flavia, she is a stunningly beautiful woman who loves to read and learn, but I have also heard she has a bit of a temper, so I'm going to be careful not to bring that out of her today. 


Welcome Flavia!  Tell us about your story.

I loved the book for the insight it gave me about the lost secrets of our empire. For so long I thought we were the only race on our planet and that we were the good guys but that’s not the case.

Really?  What was?

I was shocked to learn that also on Adriana there is a parallel world where the opposite of my race exist. This world is full of weird gothic creatures and beings that live in a constant night. On a more academic level the book opened my mind to a new science and how the universe works for example, that portals exist on our planet that can transfer you anywhere in the universe. As you know I love to learn and I would never have found this knowledge anywhere else. 

I'm glad you leaned about it then.  What else?

The part of the book that wasn’t for me was the gooey romance that took place between my younger sister Aurelia and Leonard, a prince from the dark world.

 What? You aren't interested in being in love? 

I myself have very little time for boys but I suppose if my sister didn’t meet Leonard and have the epic adventure she did, then this book would not have been written. 

lol....

Reading the book also gave me a new appreciation for my youngest sister Aurelia and her trouble-finding-rebellious nature. For only she would want to know why all the men on our planet were trained to fight even though we were told that we have never had enemies. It was this quest of hers that helped shape the main part of the book.

Very interesting.

My favourite part of the book is where I also make an important discovery (obviously I had to be involved) this is when I pay a visit to my Father’s friend in the ‘endless lands’ which is a distant part of my fathers empire. As you know I love to read books so when everyone else went out for an afternoon stroll I headed off to the house library to see if there was anything there that could not be found in the palace library, and what I found was something definitely not found in the palace library. 

Really?  What was different about it?
  At first I thought I was mistaken but then I looked closer and saw HIM. He was so different. His skin didn’t glow like ours and his hair was jet black, something that had never been seen in the people of the kingdom of light. 

Ah... a man. What else did you learn about him?

More disturbingly he had scars covering all of his strong tall body as if he had been repeatedly tortured. He had unspoken pain in his eyes, as if he had lost something forever and had nothing else left to live for, but this was not the most striking thing about his eyes, no, this was the burn mark right between them, as if he had been branded. He just stood there in silence and just when I thought that this might actually be a life-like statue, it spoke…THEY, the Dark Army, are coming and we are all in danger!

Holy cow... The book spoke to you?  Ok - now I need to know some more. 

We all want to be different, so what is the one thing you wish your creator had done differently with you?

I wish I had not only been shown as being intelligent but also more athletic and warrior-like in the book. For secretly, I love a good fight and this trait would have sat well with my fiery temper. 

I bet it would have!

If you could have added something to the story, and your creator would have let you, what would that have been?

I wish she could have involved me more in the story overall, especially the part where my younger sister Aurelia is transported to Earth. I would love to have gone along with her, to see this wonderful yet weird world and share this part of the adventure!

What do you love best about yourself? What do you like least?

I will try to answer this the best I can but you should really ask my brothers and sisters for they will give you a better answer.

What I love best about me is that I have a great brain! I understand almost anything and I love to seek out new knowledge. This has come to the aid of my sister in many places in the book.

What I like least about me is that sometimes my foul temper can make people more miserable than I wanted them to be.

lol... Oh - I have that problem too. 

What part of the book was the hardest for you and your creator to work through?

The hardest part for me, and the creator to work through was when my sister Aurelia found out that she would have to marry a man she didn’t love for the sake of protecting the interests of the Empire. 

Oh no!  What happened?
This was made worse as my sister Aurelia was already in love with someone else and knowing that their union could not be had an irreversible effect on her health and mind leaving her like a damaged shell of the person she was. To see someone I lover dearly, who was so full of life, eager to explore and be mischievous for the fun of it, being reduced to this was heartbreaking. 

I bet it was hard to watch.

For the writer This part was even more difficult, for she had to capture the sadness of what was happening to Aurelia and put it into words that the reader would understand as this was an important part of the book which dealt with the concept love, betrayal and sacrifice all rolled into one. 

Is there a sequel for this book? If so, what do you want to accomplish in the next book. If not, do you wish you could continue your story?

I do not want to give too much away but the writer told me there would definitely be a sequel! This first book was a pure Fantasy Fiction genre but the next installment will be an Urban Fantasy involving a whole host of old and new characters from the Dark and Light side who also end up on modern day Earth to find my sister Aurelia. I asked the writer heartedly to tell my sister as soon as possible but she told me that she couldn’t promise me that, given that Aurelia may only play a small part in this new story… I hope Aurelia gets well and she finds the support and love of new friends out there.

I hope so too.  Thank you very much for visiting us today!  I hope my readers take a few minutes to check out your sites and your book! 

Watch the Video Trailer
 
 
To Purchase Unparallel Worlds
Amazon:



To contact the creator Alisa Jeroconoka

Twitter: @granuk



No comments:

Post a Comment