Friday, May 18, 2012

Eulogy Foster joins us from Eulogy's Secret today!




Please welcome character 
Eulogy Foster
to our blog today!
She is the star of the book Eulogy's Secret
Created by Grace Elliot

I'm sitting here waiting for Eulogy to come sit down with me, she enters wearing a beautiful regency day gown with a sweet spring of apple blossom pins to her gown. 

Welcome Eulogy, Please make yourself comfortable and tell us about your story. 

After the death of my guardians I came to London seeking answers to secrets surrounding my birth. 

There are secrets of your birth, intriguing...
However, my estranged brother, Lord Lucien Devlin, turned me away and I was attacked in the street. Had it not been for the help of a passing stranger, Jack Huntley, I would now be dead. 

Thank god for Mr. Huntley!
           
Mr Huntley, although curt and arrogant, helped me trace my mother's dearest friend, the artist Tristan Farrell - not that Mr Huntley was happy about me boarding with Farrell. Indeed, despite his brusque manner Mr Huntley became quite protective, I think because he knew Farrell of old had previously had a falling out.

Ah.. that makes sense. 
             
Anyhow, my appearance reminded Mr Farrell of my mother, which inspired him to paint again, with me as his model. And his paintings are a huge success, in fact, Mr Huntley, arranged an exhibition of his work to re-launch Mr. Farrell in the ton. 

How exciting!
             
However, although life is good, I cant shake the need to find out why I was given away at birth. And just when I'm getting answers, some tries to kill me! Twice! And now, I'm falling in love with Jack, but he doesn’t trust me because I'm keeping a secret, but for him to know the truth, could destroy everything between us….

Oh... suspense and mystery!  Love it! Eulogy, please answer a few questions for me.

We all want to be different, so what is the one thing you wish your creator had done differently with you?

Actually, I consider myself fortunate. I started out as a penniless stray to discover a new life posing for artist, Tristan Farrell. Prints of my paintings now adorn the walls of homes countrywide, from milk maids to royalty and I'm greeted warmly wherever I go.  Added to that I also met the love of my life in Jack Huntley, and cleared the stain of dishonour from my mother's name, all in all, I'm satisfied. 

Very good.

If you could have added something to the story, and your creator would have let you, what would that have been?

The way I look on things is that you learn from life's events and they shape you into the person you are. My story is fraught with misunderstandings, and if I was a weaker personality, I might suggest sparing me a lot of heartache and danger, such as the when Mrs Featherstone's cat died, or the carriage horses bolted, but all of the unpleasant events were key to drawing Jack and me closer and so, even with hindsight, I wouldn’t change a thing. 

That is good to hear. 

What do you love best about yourself? What do you like least?

This is a difficult question because I'm a modest person, and so not best placed to answer. I know what frustrates some people is that I'm a stickler for loyalty and integrity. Life would be easier if I did break my promises, and it annoys those close to me that I am inflexible at times, but that's the way I am - take it or leave it!

On the plus side, it's a great comfort to me that I'm said resemble the mother I never knew, (some say I'm beautiful but that's not for me to judge) and pleased that this similarity inspired a great artist to return to his craft. I'm also kind, patient and willing to work hard. 

Those are all great qualities.

What part of the book was the hardest for you and your creator to work through?

I'm very much a 'glass-half-full' person, but since my guardians' death, life has been hard, especially emotionally. I've met with extraordinary kindness, but also terrible cruelty from people who should know better.

 If I had to pick one particular moment, it would have to be at the beginning of my story, when my brother, Lord Lucien Devlin, threw me onto the streets and two vagabonds attacked me. It wasn’t so much the physical distress, although it hadn’t been for Jack I shudder to think of the consequences…but they robbed me of everything I treasure in this world; money, letters and documents. Without those papers I was a nobody, with no name, stripped of the proof to prove who I really am. Yes, that was a big low point in my life. 

Sounds horrible!

Is there a sequel for this book? If so, what do you want to accomplish in the next book. If not, do you wish you could continue your story?

My story is the first of three about the Huntley brothers. Book two, "Hope's Betrayal" is due out June 2012 and tells the story of my dear Jack's elder brother, Captain George Huntley. Between you and me, it's about time he found romance, he's been too long at sea and used to men's ways, he could do with a woman's touch. It's just a shame the path wasn’t smoother for him.  After all, what could be worse for a Naval Officer hunting out smuggling activity, than to fall in love with a smuggler? Tricky, to say the least, especially since protecting Hope Tyler could mean court marshal for George, and Hope has no intention of betraying her own kind.  

Oh, that sounds very interesting!  Eulogy, thank you so much for joining us today. I hope my readers that the time to check out your story! 

To Purchase Eulogy's Secret
Amazon







To Contact the creator Grace Elliot

Your twitter: @Grace_Elliot



1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad Eulogy found her way safely to you, Stacy. Sometimes she finds all the automobiles and noise confusing - she's more used to carriages and horses! Thank you for making Eulogy feel so welcome.
    Grace x

    ReplyDelete