Friday, February 24, 2012

Character Interview Peggy Lucille from Switched in Death



Please welcome character 
Peggy Lucille
to our blog today!
She is the star of the book Switched in Death
Created by Sherry Foley

Let's welcome her to our site and find out what her story is all about! 
A bit about Peggy from her creator: Peggy Lucille is a 69-year-old complete mess of a neighbor living next to detective Seth Banning.  She adds comedy to a very intense and fast-paced serial killer story.

Welcome Peggy!  Tell us about yourself!



My name’s Peggy Lucille.  I’m featured in the book SWITCHED IN DEATH.  I was pose to keep everyone on the straight and narrow, which I can tell ya, was a full time job.  My hobby is playing cupid.  

hahaha.. you play cupid! 
Okay, I’ll admit, it took me longer this time to hook this duo up, Seth and Laney, because we had a real mess here in Kansas City. 

What kind of a mess?

Had you heard about the serial killer?   

No - I had not. 

Turrible stuff.  This slimy killer murdered two innocent women and then switched their heads. 

That is terrible! 

So, Seth was kept pretty busy trying to figure out clues and get ahead of the killer before more women had to die.  Why, I’d never heard of anything so awful and I’ll be 70 soon enough.  This fella needs to be horse whipped and then some.  He killed almost a dozen poor things.

I'm going to have to agree with you! 
You’ll really like getting to know Seth though.  Trust what I’m saying to you.  He’s such a wonderful detective and easy on the eyeballs. 

lol.... 

What’s that look for?  Listen, the last time I checked, I still had a pulse!

Obviously!  lol....
This story is like nothing you’ve read before.  You’ll be amazed what this new writer Sherry Foley has come up.  It’s sure one twisted story.

Sounds good are you going to tell us more about it? 
What?  Oh, no, no. That’s all I’m saying.  My orange glossed lips are sealed.  You’ll just have to buy a copy of the book and find out what’s going on for yourself.  With bookstores evaporating all the time, authors need readers like the world needs chocolate. 

lol....  Your creator is right - you do add humor! 

Peggy, we all want to be different, so what is the one thing you wish your creator had done differently with you?   
You think everyone wants to be different, huh?  (Snorts and slaps the table) Then tell me why does everyone dash into those fancy shops that overcharge for cotton and wear the same brand names blazed across their chest?  You young things don’t know what different is!  That’s a corker if I ever did hear it.  

(Did she really just snort?)  
Still, back to your question.  Okay.  I wish Sherry had described me as thinner framed, you know the story is fictional right, so why couldn’t I have more of a bod the male readers would drool over? 
  
If you could have added something to the story, and your creator would have let you, what would that have been?  

I would’ve taken down the killer and saved the day instead the hero, although Mr. Hubba Hubba looks good in action.  That’s what I call Seth Banning.  Sherry captured him well on paper.  I guess she was too busy concentrating on his body to work on mine….

lol..... You are a riot!  


What do you love best about yourself? What do you like least? 
 

I’m a good feeder.  You come by my house any time and I’ll have something in the dessert dish ready to serve you up.  What do I like least?  I should live so long to be able to rattle off that list, but the first thing that pops to this ole brain is that I’m too impetuous.  I get into a lot of…um…trouble in this story.

I can only imagine, lol....

What part of the book was the hardest for you and your creator to work through?
 

I’m a matchmaker at heart. I wanted Seth and Laney to get together and Sherry and I went round and round about it.  I finally won because…well, I guess I had enough weight to throw around now didn’t I?  (Laughs heartily)

lol....


Is there a sequel for this book?
 

No.  You’ll just have to enjoy me in this one.   

If so, what do you want to accomplish in the next book.  If not, do you wish you could continue your story?  

No. Lord, no. You have to understand, this story is about a serial killer come to Kansas City and kills two women at once and then switches their heads. That’s all I’m gonna tell you because you need to read it for yourself, see? This killer needed to be caught and put away until he rots.  Seth did a fine job.  He and Laney are finally together, I’m proud of any part I played in it, and they don’t need me anymore.

Peggy, you have been a real treat to have on my blog today!  Thank you so much!  You're story sounds great, and I am just imagine how much humor you add to the story!  

To Purchase Switched at Death

Amazon




To find out more about the creator, Sherry Foley:



Twitter: @Sherry_Foley

1 comment:

  1. I love this story! Peggy is one of my favorite all time characters! I wish I had a neighbor like her. Hmm. Maybe I'll grow up to be a neighbor like her instead.

    ReplyDelete