Friday, December 16, 2016

Emerald Barnes: "I want you to know how beautiful you are."


A special look at Author Emerald Barnes and her inspirational stories

 



We’re only a few short days away from Christmas, now, and as hard as that is to believe, you may be feeling the effects of it. We tend to let it stress us instead of let it bring us joy, because that’s just how we work as humans. And there may be a certain stress that we feel, especially as we begin to write down our New Year’s Resolutions. What do I mean? I mean that you’re probably watching your weight as you go through the holiday season, and when New Year hits, you probably want to hit the gym. 

I don’t want you to think I think this is a bad thing. No. Quite the opposite. If you want to hit the gym and lose holiday weight, go for it! Chase your dreams, but I don’t want you worrying about it now

You’re probably thinking why do I even care what you think. Well, for those of you who don’t know me or my platform as an author, I care because I want you to know how beautiful you are. My goal is to show woman/teens/men just how amazing they are! I want people to love themselves, flaws and all, and embrace who they are a beautiful human being. 

I know that I have many, many, many insecurities. I’ve even been thinking, from Halloween through the New Year holidays, about how much I needed to hit the gym when the New Year begins. I don’t like the way I look in the mirror, and although I struggle with that, I am always reminded that I can’t focus on any of those negatives. I need to focus on my family. I don’t want to miss out on any fun because I’m afraid that I look horrible or my weight will in any way define me in a negative manner. 

There was a thing going around during the summer about how moms needed to get in the family photos, even in their bathing suits, because they didn’t want their kids to not make memories with them and have photos later in life. I wanted to bring that into the holidays. I wanted to remind you that you are beautiful. Don’t let how you feel about yourself stop you from making memories today. 

I know it’s not easy. This is coming from a girl who has been overweight her entire life. It’s been an uphill struggle, and it continues to be today. But little by little, I’ve learned that my family comes before my struggles. I want to be in the pictures. I want to make the memories. I don’t want anything to hold me back. And I don’t want anything holding you back either. 

I may not know you, but I know this. You’re beautiful. You’re amazing. You’re worthy. You’re more than enough. Don’t let the world tell you you aren’t. Don’t let your anxieties and worries keep you from making memories and living your life. So be in those pictures. Eat the cookie. Don’t let today’s worries rob you of tomorrow’s happiness. 


Emerald's Inspirational Stories: 

Madison Andrews can’t face her reflection in the mirror. All she sees is a big, fat nobody. Yet, deep inside she longs for something more, something that’s not skin deep.


Along comes Zach, the new guy in high school. He’s smoking hot and totally out of her league. She somehow catches his eye, and he makes her feel beautiful for once. But just as she gets close to Zach, her nerdy best friend, Chase, won’t let Madison doubt her true beauty, no matter how many meals she skips.


Dark forces are at work, darker than the lies and mocking from her peers, stopping her from amounting to her full potential. With her newfound Christian faith, can Madison find true happiness in her own skin amidst the battle of angels and demons?
 
Purchase Links







 


Following the best-selling first book of the series, Entertaining Angels, comes Before We Say I Do, An Entertaining Angels Short Story.  

Chase Sanders and Madison Andrews are about to declare their love for one another in the most sacred of ways. Everything has been going perfectly, especially when an old friend returns to town to stand by Chase’s side on their big day. But is Zach there to see their union, or was he sent by God on another mission?  

Chase has lived perfectly fine without his father around, but now that his father is divorcing again, his dad is seeking forgiveness. Chase can’t look at his father, let alone forgive him.  

Chase must learn to let go of the past before the demon that haunts him ruins his wedding. 

Purchase Links






















Determined to escape her abusive father and drunken mother, Lexi Johnson turns to the blade to numb her pain, but it isn’t enough to end her misery. She’s convinced that not even God could save her now.

Roxy Taylor is the new girl in town, and Lexi doesn’t trust her, especially when she teams up with DJ Tucker to try and break down the barriers that Lexi has put in place.

Little does Lexi know, there are greater forces battling for her life, and as Lexi begins to open up to both Roxy and DJ, she’ll see that she isn’t alone in this world.

In the heart-pounding sequel to Entertaining Angels, everyone’s favorite angel, Zach Taylor, is back, and he’s there to make sure that Madison and Chase Sanders are on the path that God has chosen for them, a path that could deliver Lexi from the demons who want her soul.


Purchase Links







 


About Emerald Barnes

 
Emerald Barnes graduated with a B.A. in English with an emphasis on Creative Writing at Mississippi University for Women. She resides in a small town in Mississippi and has the accent to prove it. She’s an auntie to three beautiful nieces and two handsome nephews. She's a Whovian, a little bit of a nerd, a reader, a writer, and a family-oriented person. God is number one in her life, and she thanks Him continuously for His love and favor.


Connect with Emerald online:
Facebook: Emerald Barnes
Twitter: @emeraldbarnes
ebarnes23.wordpress.com/
www.emeraldbarnes.us/
  

No comments:

Post a Comment