Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Christine Cunningham joins us for Writer Wednesday

  It's Writer Wednesday and we are happy to have 
Christine Cunningham
here with us today!

Welcome Christine! 

Tell us a bit about yourself:
Do you work another job when you are not writing?
I have chosen to work solely as an author since March 2011

What is your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing?
I have so many favorite things to do. I love to watch documentaries and crochet (I need to keep my fingers busy while sitting). I love to play the piano and sing. I enjoy learning languages and my current study is French. I love exploring my home state, sewing, cooking. Mainly I’m a jack-of-most-trades.

What is your favorite color? Why?
My favorite color depends on my mood, much like music. Or the mood I want to get in to. I associate color with emotion and use that to my advantage to manipulate how I feel.

What is your favorite season? Why?
I really like summer and spring for doing independent things like writing, gardening and exploring, but I adore the fall and winter for gathering with family and friends to celebrate.

If you could live anyplace on earth, where would it be? Why?
I would love to live in a New York theatre. I would have plenty of delightful entertainment and tons of people watching to boot! Think of the stories that could flow from that experience.

If you could have any car, what would it be?
I adore the car I have now. It’s a white ’89 Honda, Civic. Excellent gas mileage and can fit into really tight parking spaces. But to be truthful I have always dreamed of having a ’63 split-window, midnight black, chromed out, dark interior, Corvette. Delicious!

Tell us about your writing: 

How long have your been writing? Was it a dream, a goal or is it just a hobby?
I have been writing seriously since February 2011. It was an artistic outlet for the distress I felt about life and the potential for living it. 

How many hours a day do you devote to writing? Do you have a set routine or do you write when the mood strikes?
I generally write when I hear the muse whisper into my ear. This can range from hours to minutes. It’s so easy to get lost in the world of writing. You have the control, for the most part anyway. I find that if I try to make writing a routine I lose all creative sound and the words fall flat and useless like a poorly written joke. 

Is there some place special you like to be when you write?
I love to write long-hand in journals (the first portable word processor). I have about ten area parks that I travel to. I like to go to malls to practice creative writing and the lion’s share of the time I spend in front of my computer.

Do you listen to music or do you need a quiet place to write?
Music can help or hinder me. If it’s a climactic scene I prefer silence so I make sure the emotions are true and powerful. If I’m listening to music I feel like I’m just borrowing emotion and not being authentic. This doesn’t trouble me if I’m just writing scenery, or tedious details.


Tell us about your book:

What is the name of it and is it part of a series or a stand-alone novel?
The title of my book is Eternal Beginning. I wrote it at first as a stand-alone novella, but I feel that voice calling to me again and I’m writing a sequel called Cave Wonders.
Where did the idea come from?
Eternal Beginning was written to give voice to the mental and physical struggle I was having in my life at the time. I was just existing day to day, following the rules, and slowly losing my will to go on. A medical issue forced me to take time off from work and I used the time to question what “I” valued. Eternal Beginning was written from my internal dialogue.

How long did it take to write?
It took about five months to complete.

What is it about?
Eternal Beginning is about a woman who one day gets fed up with trying to live her life as it is. To alleviate the confusion she goes to the forest. There she passes through a portal and meets her guide in the next dimension.  They have an in-depth discussion about how to live a life of joy.
Video Trailer - Eternal Beginning

 
Your other work:

Do you have any upcoming projects in the works or other books that have been published?
I am about to release a Christmas novella called First Snow. It’s centered in a small town in Eastern Washington. Through the characters I share my experiences with love in all its forms with some artistic license, of course.  I am also wrapping up Cave Wonders, the sequel to Eternal Beginning. In Cave Wonders our character returns to nature and meets with her guide again to discuss attracting people into her life.

Where can readers connect with you?
I love connecting with readers and can be reached through:

Where can we buy your books? 







Barnes and Noble paperback http://bit.ly/nKy6Va
And if you want a special, autographed copy I have them available from my blog http://bit.ly/o41IIO



Thank you, Stacy for hosting this interview I had a lot of fun. 
My Pleasure Christine!  thank you so much for coming!!!

1 comment:

  1. I had a lot of fun answering these questions! Thank you for hosting me today! :)

    ReplyDelete