Friday, November 25, 2011

Geraldine Solon Talks Chocolicious!

  It's Writer Wednesday (Yes I know it's Friday), but our guest is a very talented woman and I had a chance to sit down and talk to her and was too excited to not share it with you right away!


Welcome Geraldine Solon! 

Tell us a bit about yourself:

Do you work another job when you are not writing?
Yes, I work at Stanford University at the Center for International Development. I organize events for the department.

What is your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing?
I love to watch movies, read books and have dinner out with my family and friends.

What is your favorite color? Why?
I love the color black because it’s simple and elegant and matches with any other color.

What is your favorite season? Why?
Definitely the summer because I love the beach and staying outdoors all the time.

If you could live anyplace on earth, where would it be? Why?
There are so many places on my list, but one would be Paris because it’s the most elegant city in the world. Italy because of the food and culture, and another place would be Maldives since it’s tranquil and I love the island life.

If you could have any car, what would it be?
Probably a Jaguar because it’s not too common.


Tell us about your writing: 

How long have your been writing? Was it a dream, a goal or is it just a hobby?
I started writing poems when I was eight years old, then I ventured into short stories. I was a contributing writer for a newspaper when I was in my twenties, but I never wrote a book until I turned thirty. I wrote children’s books but soon found my higher calling in writing stories about love and relationships geared for women. Even if I ventured in other careers, writing has always been my passion.
How many hours a day do you devote to writing? Do you have a set routine or do you write when the mood strikes?
Four hours a day and mostly at night when my family is asleep. 
Is there some place special you like to be when you write?
 I hope to have my own office someday, but for now I write in my living room.
Do you listen to music or do you need a quiet place to write?
 I prefer to have no music so I can allow my imagination to take me to places I’ve never been and listen to what my characters are telling me.

Tell us about your book:
What is the name of it and is it part of a series or a stand alone novel?
Chocolicious is a stand alone book which is about love, loss and a mother’s sacrifice.
Where did the idea come from? 
I was craving for a rich-filled, three-layered chocolate cupcake when a vision of a woman in distressed flashed through my mind. As the story began to unfold, I knew that chocolate had to play a significant role to the novel.
How long did it take to write?
It took me three months to finish my first draft, another month to write down notes and complete my second draft.  I sent it to my editor to edit, then it took me another month to do some rewrites and finalize her edits.  The whole process took six months.

Your other work:
Do you have any upcoming projects in the works or other books that have been published?
My first book, Love Letters is a Romance novel about second chances. I just finished my third novel, The Assignment which is about love, betrayal and forgiveness. My editor is editing the book now and I hope to release it by early next year.
Where can readers connect with you?
They can connect with me on Facebook, Twitter or my website at:
@GeraldineSolon
Where can we buy your books?
Thanks for the wonderful interview, Stacy. More power and success to you and your blog.

4 comments:

  1. I admire women that have such full lives and write as well. I'm excited to read your next novel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me over Stacy! More power to you and your blog.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome interview, Geraldine! Inspiring to read how quickly you're writing and rewriting your books.

    Best Wishes,

    Peter
    Writing AR Silveberry

    ReplyDelete