Saturday, November 26, 2011

Cody from The Amazing Wolf Boy Howls into our Blog!

Character Interview 

We are excited to have had the chance to sit down and talk with Cody Forester without his creator Roxanne Smolen around.  Hope you stick around to see what Cody has to say behind her back!  shhhh... don't talk to loud - we don't want her to know he was here!

My name is Cody Forester, and The Amazing Wolf Boy is the story of my life. If you can call it a life. Once I thought I had everything figured out. I was captain of the science club, had a 42 inch flat screen in my room, and I planned to go to Harvard and become a doctor like my parents. Instead, I became a werewolf. Yeah, I know. Weird, right? Anyway, my parents freaked like it was my fault or something, and they banished me to live with my uncle in Loxahatchee, Florida, as if that were a real place. I lost everything—my friends, my Xbox, my future.
Then I met Brittany. She’s goth, a no-no in this podunk town, which made her almost as big an outcast as me. The first time we met, I knew I would spend the rest of my life loving her. I couldn’t tell her that, of course. She was beautiful and perfect. I was the amazing wolf boy. Astound your family and mystify your friends. But, funny thing, when she discovered my big secret, she made me feel like a super hero with a double life. I was developing all these strange powers, like better hearing and quicker reflexes, and she was okay with it. Then her kid brother found out what I was. I figured if it kept going like that, I would have to enclose a wolf boy newsletter with my Christmas cards.
Just when I thought my messed-up life was turning around, a pack of real werewolves howled into town. I say real because they already had their superpowers, and they liked to kill. They knew I was a newbie just by looking at me, and they expected me to join their pack. When I refused, they took the one thing they decided was keeping me away from them—Brittany. I had until moonrise to find her and save her life. I learned something new about Brittany that day: she does not lose her head in a crisis.

WOW Cody, to be pushed away from you family and then have to deal with all of that!  I'm going to have to buy your book so I can find out how Brittany kept sane through all that - and you too!  So I have a few questions for you now...


We all want to be different, so what is the one thing you wish your creator had done differently with you?
I wish she hadn’t talked so much about my life before I became a werewolf. Okay, I was a dork, all right? She didn’t have to tell everyone. Like the time I was shooting baskets and wanted to show off in front of Meredith Taney by hanging from the hoop. Only I missed, seeing how I’m not that tall, and my watch tangled in the net. I just swung there until the backboard came down on my head. Things like that could have been left out of the story. Not cool.


lol... Oh I'm sure it was not cool! 
If you could have added something to the story, and your creator would have let you, what would that have been?
Loxahatchee is a small town, but one of the more interesting things about it is that there’s a nudist colony. I really wanted to go there, just to look around. I mean, Brittany’s little brother got to go. How fair is that? He said they were having a spring festival with nude volleyball and weenie roasts and stuff. I would have liked to have seen it. Just saying.

hahahah - what young man wouldn't want to go check that out! 
What do you love best about yourself? What do you like least?
If you had asked that a few months ago, I’d have said I hated being a werewolf. But I’m getting used to it. I love chasing rabbits in the Everglades, hearing their little hearts pitter-pat as they try to get away. So, I guess I’d say I love that I can turn into a wolf, but I hate that I suck at keeping secrets.
What part of the book was the hardest for you and your creator to work through?
Being the new kid in school, I made more enemies than friends. It wasn’t like I was obnoxious or anything. But I got on the wrong side of the star football player, and he… showed me the depth of his dislike. Man, I never want to live through that again. Read the book. You’ll know exactly which scene I’m referring to.

I can't wait to read it!
 
Is there a sequel for this book? If so, what do you want to accomplish in the next book.  If not, do you wish you could continue your story?
Yes, there is. My biographer is scribbling it down as fast as it happens. She’s calling it Problem Parents which I think is a stupid title, but there you go. It picks up right where the last book ends, so you don’t miss a thing, and it deals with my parents and why they were so quick to banish me. I can’t wait to find out how that turns out.

 Want to see a little more?  Check out the Video Trailer! 


You can purchase The Amazing Wolf Boy 
at the following locations!!

Fictionwise: 

Want to know more about Cody's creator?  You can here! 
Google + 

I hope you all enjoyed our visit with Cody!  I loved having him here - even if he was shy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment